Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bau Bau Bacang

30th Dec 2006 (Sat)

My niece got married today. Yes, my niece. (I'm already a grand uncle by the way, as a result of the birth of my nephew's child a few years ago) She’s 22, same age as my sis. At this age, I certainly didn’t expect her to get married. Nevertheless, her wedding was still a nice occasion as it gave me the opportunity to meet her since we’ve never met for about 10 years.

Each time, during Chinese New Year, only her mother and her two youngest siblings (out of four) can be seen. Well, I must say that she didn’t change much. I could still see some resemblance. As for her second sister, it was a totally different case. She lost so much weight. Wow, wonder how she did that. Anyway, good for her.

They were so shocked, plus happy (I assume) to see us. That was when phrases such as “Wah, lu an neh tua han liau ah” (you so big already, ah?), “wa beih jin lu liau” (I can’t recognize you already), “lu san ki liau” (You got skinnier) were uttered. Nevertheless, it has been a nice gathering. At least we got to see each other besides exchanging numbers and emails.

Oh ya, this was the first time I wore my red shirt again since my birthday party. I spent a lot time washing of the flour off my shirt but some white patches can still be seen. It was fine with me. The problem was the smell (It smelt like rotten egg) and the texture of the shirt (I can still feel the flour on the shirt when touching it). After I did my clearance in November, I brought this shirt back to Taiping and seeked my mum’s expertise because I love this shirt (It is my first Chinese shirt) and will definitely like to wear it again. I am not sure what she soaked my red shirt in but the smell was gone. Great!!! Thanks a lot, mum! =D So, thanks to her, this shirt has a second chance of living. I wore a singlet inside as I could still feel the flour and was afraid that direct contact with it might cause my sensitive skin to get itchy and infected by rashes. Thank God, after wearing it today, my skin was ok. =D


My family with the couple

The youngsters of different generations


The big picture =D
(Not sure why Junior stood in front like that but he looks cute doing so)


Thank you for reading!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hokkien is it?
lu liao.. hehe so funny.

Happy New Year Yeam ;-)

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 8:21:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops.. forgot to put my name.
~khi

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 8:21:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was expecting your New Year post..heh..Happy New Year anyway..

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 11:12:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoho, your niece got married, my nephew got married also =p

And you're Hokkien? I didn't know that =p

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 2:14:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why la tis kiro never use his blogspot identity...

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 5:21:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Khirul,
Yup it's hokkien..haha..Happy New Year to u too =)

To Nooi Hoay,
Haha..I'm gonna post another short entry regarding the countdown. Happy New Year to u too =)

To Amanda,
Haha..looks like both of us are small but big in 'pangkat' =p

my dad is a cantonese but mum is a hokkien, which means i'm a cantokien. Haha..sounds funny =D

To Yee Hong,
Yeah, I am wondering the same thing. Khirul, why?

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 7:48:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

Ape dye... I looked weird after the 'cut' and 'paste' process >:<

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 12:54:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Really? I followed the previous picture one wor...u stood up on a chair mah..

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 10:33:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home