Monday, December 18, 2006

Driving License and SSABSA results

18th Dec 2006 (Mon)

My dad brought me to JPJ (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan) to renew my driving licence, which explains why I passed the fateful traffic light (please refer to the next entry). My licence expired without me realising more than a month ago on 30th Oct and yet, I was happily driving to Penang last week. Thank God I showed Kelvin (used-to-be-very-close Taiping friend) my driving license yesterday and he pinpointed that it has expired long ago.

I would that JPJ’s efficiency was not bad. The rate at which the people were served was quite fast. My dad and I didn’t have to wait for that long even though there were about 20 people before us when we took the number. As for the friendliness, so so lo. To my horror, they refuse to accept my passport picture as I was wearing a uniform. The clerk kindly asked me to go to any photo studio and get a new passport picture as it wouldn't take long.

(Lesson to learn: Do not wear a uniform while taking your passport picture for official purposes)

Surprisingly, I wasn’t scolded by my dad. He just nagged a bit and patiently took me to a Kodak Photo Studio where he forked out RM 15 for me to take a passport picture. So nice of him =) Thank you, dad. He even helped me comb my hair. “Eh, eh, your hair drop d. Put more water. Put more water. And your tie, make sure it covers the white buttons and the word ‘INTEC’ ya.” I was wearing the orange INTEC shirt. So I buttoned it up and tried my best to hide those two things. That fact that the tie was super .skinny didn’t help. Anyway, I was satisfied with the outcome although I didn’t show my sparking braces. Dad always discourages me from doing so. “Mou show lei keh nga ha.” (Don’t show your teeth, ya.)


The picture which was rejected. Mon is starting to turn out to be the day of rejection.

As you can see, the tie is a bit senget and the INTEC shirt is a bit crumpled. Still, I'm ok with this picture. At least I managed to hide the white buttons and the word 'INTEC' =)


Upon getting the new pictures, we headed back to JPJ and quickly get my license renewed for 5 years to avoid the hassle of going back there again. Payment: RM 150. Daddy paid =p

Oh, as for the SSABSA results, I checked mine and it hasn’t been released yet. No specific date mentioned. They just stated that,

“Student results are currently being processed by SSABSA. In the meantime enrolment and existing result information is unavailable. Results will appear here as soon as they are released. For more information see the SSABSA Home Page.

Remember, you will need your registration number and pin number as well. Pin number is a 4 digit number which is the combination of your birth date. For example, if Sze Ching’s birthday is 21st Dec, then his pin number will be 2112; as simple as that. This 4-digit number sort of act as your password the first time you log in. After that, they will immediately ask you to change your pin number to another 4-digit number so that other people won’t get to check your results even if they have your registration number.

(Website to check SACE results- http://www.ssabsa.sa.edu.au/student/index.php)

Many AUSMATians (including me) have begun sweating as the moment of truth is getting nearer and nearer. My suggestion: erm, pray hard =)

Alright then, hope the info above will be able to help you all. Thanks for reading!

P/s: I have no intention of spoiling your long holiday =p

4 Comments:

Blogger kedekut said...

Wow... very nice of you to update your AUSMATian friends about the exam result website.
You are not only a responsible Kiwi 13 representative but also a natural AUSMAT leader =)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 4:31:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Wah..thanks Kedekut
Just wanna share this info with my friends =)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 11:32:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

1st pic - Your head bigger than your body

2nd pic - Your body bigger than your head

:D :D

Dad also told me "not to show your teeth" everytime I take picture =.="

I know my teeth are not nice. Therefore, if you realise, now I always look to the right side during photo session. Why? cos my left teeth look better than those on the right :D *say cheese*

Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 1:10:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Haha..if i crop the second pic, then it will be balanced.

Crooked teeth sometimes isn't that bad. There are ppl who like crooked teeth. It makes them cuter..

haha..really? i thought u turn cause it's your style =p

Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 5:13:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home