Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Dinner and Magazine to Be Proud of

27th Nov 2006 (Mon)

This day has finally arrived. The dinner was held and magazine was distributed. The latter turned out to be better than many have expected, which was something to be thankful about (Put aside the fact that Amir’s speech was printed wrongly, causing Afiq and Gem to paste the corrections one by one. I seriously solute and thank them).The former, on the other hand provided me mixed emotions. Many technical errors occurred and the fact that the two projectors are not connected to the same laptop caused many hassle. I have to shamelessly run in front of the VIPs to attend to both the laptops when I should be relaxing and happily enjoying the dinner.

Nevertheless, the other committee members mainly Amir, Chuah, Wen Ter, Renu, Hana, shared my burden and knew exactly how I felt. Well, somebody had to scarify in order for the dinner to run smoothly and i was already used to this kind of sacrifice. However, it didn’t mean that I liked it. I still remembered my mission of taking picture with every AUSMAT student during the dinner as they would be at their best that night. This mission remained unfulfilled. There were many things that I’ve missed as a result of getting involved in organizing: the peace of mind that one should have during a dinner which was meant to celebrate his programme, the small chats during the dinner, the opportunity to take pictures with many friends, etc. The technical errors made it worse and made me sick. I was seriously disappointed and almost cried while handling the audio system. All these kind of errors couldn’t stop happening, could they? I guessed I had to accept the fact nothing is smooth sailing. It reminded me of the finale of The Apprentice in which both the finalist will face their respective bumps while completing their tasks. I wanna thank Amir, Chuah, Wen Jun, Nat for being there for me and letting me know that I wasn’t facing the problems alone.

No doubt, I’ve gained a lot while working behind the scene. Working under Renu and Wen Ter’s leadership and alongside with the much experienced Amir and Chuah was really refreshing. I learnt a lot from them. Most importantly, looking at the smiling faces of the fellow lecturers and course mates during the dinner was really memorable. That was what the dinner was about. It was meant for AUSMATians to have fun after all their hard effort. To all AUSMATians, I was and still am, more than glad to see all of you laughing, smiling, and enjoying yourself during the dinner given the technical error and the trouble Mr Hassan had put you all through (ehem, no elaboration needed). You all have been fantastic friends and audience. Thank you so so much. Also, a million thanks to those who took pictures with me and those who complimented my video, singing, or the management of the dinner like Arwin, Daphne, Jia Huei, Doreen, Chien Yen, Michelle, and some others. As what I’ve mentioned in one of my previous entries, appreciation from others is the best way to put an end other anyone’s hard effort.

The entry will be flooded with lots of pictures taken during the dinner. I combined 4 pictures into 1 in order to reduce the number of pictures uploaded in this entry. To the people in the picture, feel free to copy it. Enjoy and thanks for reading.

















































3 Comments:

Blogger nh said...

I like all the pictures you posted leh..will grab them from you when we go to Ipoh then.. ;)

Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 11:21:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hye yeam shin yau! i think i like the previous blog more than this one. rasa mcm suram semacam je blog ni.. heh!
feel sorry to read bout the dinner and mag and technical errors and.. (byk sgt de; penat tulis) sorry i wasn't there to lend a hand. pity u bro. since the moment i know u, u r the one who'll be willing to 'mengorbankan kebahagiaan demi org lain'. terlebih baik sgt lah shi yau ni.. haih! moga2 ppl will appreciate whatever u have done to them (including me.. =P)god bless ya!

Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 5:34:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Sophisticatedsoul,
Haha..this must be Nooi Hoay. No problem. u can copy them in Ipoh. Looking forward to that trip.

To Adik,
Well, yeah this new one look kinda spooky. Haven't had time to 'decorate' it. Haha. on a brighter note, the pictures are bigger =p

yeah, at least i know there are a few who appreciate it including u. thanks a lot. take care and keep in touch!!!

Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 6:43:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home