Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Lazy Yeam Grows Horizontally

26th Dec 2006 (Tues)

Greeting, readers! Hope your Christmas has been a wonderful one.

All these while, when it comes to exercising, I’ve always been lazy. The vow of 20 pushups a day can only last a few days. I don’t have the determination to frequent the gym like Yee Hong or go jogging like Ling Weng. Only badminton interests me. Oh, I hate warm up sessions. Important they are but I always hope to get into the game asap. =p

As I still looked ok in front of the mirror, I wasn’t that worried of my physical appearance (although I admit that I am far from being muscular). Moreover, I always think that I have a high metabolism rate as I eat a lot and yet, don’t grow proportionately as the amount of food I consume (thank God!). It was only two days ago when a shopping session finally made me realized that my laziness has caused my waist to increase and stomach to expand. =(

I was in The Store, Taiping with my parents when I saw this Black Blue Toms jean which met my requirements - black, has many pockets, looks funky. I’ve never had this type of jean before so I plan to give it a try. It kind of resembles one of Yee Hong’s jeans minus the ‘misai’. My mum hates the ‘misai’. (Misai is the rectangle cloth attached to the pockets)

I tried a 30-inch one but it was tight. Gosh, then the sales boy let me try a 32-inch jean. It was a little bit loose but I took it as I can always wear a belt. I still remember 30-inch pants were loose for me when I shopped last time. But I have to admit that I haven’t bought pants or jeans for a long time. For someone who is short but has a big waist (like me), the trouble with buying a pants is that it fits only your waist. The lengths is always longer than my legs, covering my feet, and sweeping the floor while the upper thigh part of this jean is too loose. My mum said my backside is not very big. That’s why the upper thigh appears to be loose. Well, I guess I’ve got used to the consequences of wearing pants which are meant for taller guys.

The small-sized fitting room didn’t help. The mirror was too near to me which resulted to me looking super distorted; my legs looked shorter than they actually are. For one moment, I thought that there was really something wrong with my body. Thank God I looked normal when I stood in front of my mum’s body-length mirror later that they. Nevertheless, I still like my new jeans.

Haha..i grumbled a lot in this post. Let me end it with some modified version of some Christmas songs. Enjoy! Thanks for reading!


(From Sis and Yee Hong)

Jingle pau, Jingle pau,

Jingle char siew pau,

Lin young pau, Tau sap au,

Siew mai, Loh mai kai.


(From Jia Huei)

Jingle bell, Batman smells,

Robin laid an egg,

Batmobile lost its wheel,

And penguin ran away.


(From Jia Huei)

Joy to the world,

My fish is dead,

I barbeque its head,

And what about the body,

I flushed it down the potty,

And round and round it went,

And round and round it went,

And round and round and round and round it went.

11 Comments:

Blogger kedekut said...

Yee Hong is fashionable, right?
Why not you wear your brand new branded jeans in front of the full length mirror, take a photo of your reflection (camwhore) and post the photo for your readers to give feedback?
Probably will generate another avalanche of comments. LOL

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 5:30:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm still wearing size 30 with belt. i guess all the weight i've gained went to my muscles =p

Thursday, December 28, 2006 at 10:58:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Eugene,

Yup, he is fashionable =)
haha..too bad i don't have my camera with me a few days ago. but i've gotten back my camera today and might upload a few pictures =)

avalanche? wah..now's my turn to refer to the dictionary.

To Khirulez,
Waw, u are slim for a guy. Haha..lucky Khirul..hahaa..u exercise often?

Friday, December 29, 2006 at 6:40:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...i got the msg of the 'jingle pau' song too! so funny la..

Friday, December 29, 2006 at 9:35:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Haha..yeah, it's funny. But it was spreaded to too many people that it became common.

So on Christmas eve, i forwarded the other two versions instead =)

Friday, December 29, 2006 at 10:52:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger LiNg WeNg said...

yeam.. don worry.. i'm quite lazy now... haha... coz i'm back at home... think i gain more fat... especially my face and my whole body... sigh.. only go for jogging twice a week... not sufficient to get rid off those ugly, annoying fat!!!!

Friday, December 29, 2006 at 11:23:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm.. i force myself to hit the gym at least twice a week la

-khi

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 1:17:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there

post a pic ya

:)

happy new year

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 11:42:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Ling Weng,
Well, at least u still exercise. I don't even do so twice a week. Hehe..
Oh ya, ling weng, update your blog!!! can exercise your fingers =) rest your eyes from the tv a little while.

To Khirul,
I hope I'll be hardworking enough to frequent the gym like u =) Haha, if there's someone to accompany me, then it'll be nice.

To Dyan,
Hi Yee Hong. Haha..alright, then. Since there is demand, I'll post it soon =)
Happy New Year to u too =)

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 1:35:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the fish one! Haha! I'm laughing like mad now.

Yo, i got myself a badminton kaki dee... next time we go play badminton k? Haha!

Let's put it in a positive way - it's not call fat (oops), it's called 'prosperous' :D Enjoy food to the max la dude! We still plan to go Yuen Buffet Steamboat with you one ya! Haha!

Sunday, December 31, 2006 at 1:55:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Sevvy,
Hi..haha..glad it made you laugh =D
Sure sure. Can't wait to play with u.
Haha..u are surely a positive thinker. Eh, I haven't tasted your cooking before leh..hehe

U're going to the countdown tmr too right? Haha, c u there =)

Sunday, December 31, 2006 at 2:09:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home