Friday, March 09, 2007

God’s Grace

7th March 2007 (Wed)

It’s amazing how a bad day can take a 180-degree turn for the better or vice versa. It once again shows how something beautiful can happen when God answers your prayers.

I almost lost my $100 when depositing it into the ATM machine. I didn’t know that I was required to put the money in an envelope before depositing it. Hence, I forced the money into the machine just to realize that it didn’t accept my money because of the aforementioned reason. I then pulled the money put but one piece of $100 fell into the ATM.

I didn’t approach any bank officers about it as the queue was long. My lecture was about to begin. Therefore, I only went back after lunch and was delighted to find out that they found my $100 in their ATM. They even taught me the correct way of depositing cash via ATM. Gosh, how thankful I was that my prayer was answered. Imagine losing RM 280 just like that if there wasn’t any happy ending.

After that, I met a friend whom I’ve wanted to meet since the last few days. Just had a short conversation but it was enough to convince me that my day has indeed changed for the better.


9th March 2007 (Fri)

At the same time, it’s pretty scary that most of the time, the truth will only be revealed to us one step at a time. Prior to that, you’ll keep indulging yourself in your own imagination or keep wondering what the truth is. Sometimes, you’re afraid to find out yourself as truth can be cruel. When the truth finally hits you, it's time to face reality. But whatever it is, God has His own plans for you, I believe.

There are many, and yes, many free thinkers out there who question the existence of God. Their strong point will usually be, “Well, if there’s God, why are the still sufferings all around the world?”

Despite all these, my belief in God stays firm. I may not be that pious and follow all the customs but I’ve never doubt what God can do especially if you believe in Him.

So, say a little prayer. It may or may not come true but take it as a test. And sometime, you must help God to help you =D

Thanks for reading!

9 Comments:

Blogger kedekut said...

Nice post! At first I thought I clicked the wrong link because you sounded like a CA scholar then I realized it was indeed Shin Yau's blog.

From your previous post comment, actually I have been reading you and ACCH daily.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 2:48:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that was indeed a chicken soup for my soul! Yeah, have faith in God ma man!!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 3:05:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that was indeed a chicken soup for my soul! Yeah, have faith in God ma man!!
-Danial-

Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 3:05:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so serious man. this is indeed a personal spiritual confession/testimony.stay firm in yr believe in God n keep on praying!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 10:42:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger ~luckystar~ said...

church is my life here man..

Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 10:53:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiseh..banyak lun chun la lu..

Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 1:25:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Eugene,
Thanks for the compliments. Haha..yeah, my entries don't usually touch on spiritual elements do they?

really? wah...thanks, man.

To Danial,
Haha..u forgot your name again =D
yeah, keep your faith!

To Dad,
Hi dad...wah, i'm surprised to receive your comment. welcome to my blog!!!
Yes, i'll keep on believing in Him.

To Jia Huei,
wah..u must be really involved in Church over there. good for u =D

To Eevon,
Haha..yeah..learnt the hard way =(

Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 6:32:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, i ask dad what to comment lah. i do the typing man ha ha n sign yr old man.

Monday, March 12, 2007 at 10:46:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

oh...haha..i thought u showed him but he commented himself =)

Monday, March 12, 2007 at 4:28:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home