Friday, February 16, 2007

Highlights

15th Feb 2007 (Thus)

Took a bus for the first time today to the Bike Coop. Plan to get a bike but there wasn't anyone there. Disappointing. We were asked to go around that time and yet, no one was there to attend to us. Since we were already there and the National Museum is nearby, we paid it a visit. It was really modern and unique. They have this rotating presentation room which explains about 3 themes: Land, Nation, and People. There were also 3d pictures on the wall which made the kangaroos looked as if they were jumping as you walk pass them.

At night, we had a traffic light party at the courtyard.

Green: Single
Orange: Complicated
Red: Taken

We were supposed to wear according to the dress code above since I wore a while long sleeve t-shirt since my green one wasn't dry yet. They had a limbo rock competition towards the end of the party which I was super eager to join. Believe it or not, I won it!! Haha..Guess this is when short people like me have an advantage =p

Announcer: Yes, we have a winner. And his name is...
Clair(my neighbour): YEAM!!!
Announcer: Yes, Yeam. He's going to receive a $10 discount coupon from (I forgot the name) restaurant.

Wow...I enjoyed a few minutes of glory, standing in front of the crowd as they were clapping for me. So happy =D






16th Feb 2007 (Fri)

I ran more than 10 km today as there was this training for a 'Merentas Desa' kinda event. It is called IB Run. Participants will be blindfolded and driven to an area far away from ANU. They will then be dumped at the location and have to find their way back. I of course don't plan to join the run due to my poor navigation skills. But today's run was just a training and everyone was encouraged to join. Since I haven't ran for so long, I just wanted to do some running. And now, my leg muscle hurts like nobody's business. But at least now I know that I can still jog.

Roonie(3rd Year Student from Singapore): Do you run often back at home?
Me: Nope, I don't like jogging actually. I usually play badminton.
Roonie: Oh, then u're seriously doing a good job man. You've ran pretty far (for a person who doesn't usually jog)

At night, I went for a Chinese New Year dinner in the China Embassy. I was invited by my aunt's ex-classmate who are living in Canberra. Her name is Sharon while her husband's is Ken.


The Entrance

I am between Sharon and Ken

The China Ambassador(in purple)

The food tasted nice but didn't live up to its expectation overall. I expected a buffet and everyone was only given food in styrofoam/plastic.


There were stage performances

There were seriously many many people

From today onwards, there might not be many entries in my blog. Classes will begin soon and some preparations need to be done. So I can't share my experience that often anymore. Sorry about that.

Bye for now...Thanks for reading =D

2 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

"From today onwards, there might be many entries in my blog. Classes will begin soon and some preparations need to be done. So I can't share my experience that often anymore. Sorry about that."

Er.. Shouldn't it be "...there might NOT be...."???

Hehe...

Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 12:06:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

OMG!!!! yeah yeah..it's mistake..

i'll correct it right away..thanks...haha

Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 7:04:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home