Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Good Tour and Even A Better Dinner =)

10th Feb 2007 (Sat)

Had a tour this morning at 9.30pm. And yes, it was free =)


On a hill in Canberra. Sze Huey, myself, and Alex(from Taylors)

Top(L-R): Alex, Kai Xun (JPA), Jason (JPA)
Bottom(L-R): Man Yee(from Taylors), Rhian(from Penang), Wei Ling(Sher Reen's ex-classmate), Sher Reen, Sze Huey, myself.


At the fish market. Like this picture =D

At the Australian Parliament. It faces north. The one beside me is Carol, a 17-year-old from Hong Kong.

I didn't expect myself to step on a chewing gum in Australia. The foot on the left belongs to Maha's.

In The House of Parliment. It was unbelievable that I entered Australian Parliament today when I haven't even entered Malaysia's.

Top floor of The Parliament.

Zoomed in. I present to you The Ursies (Ursula Hall residents)

Top (L-R): Rhian(from Penang), Arjun(JPA), Tun Mit (from Myanmar), Sher Reen, Yong Jian, Wei Ling
Bottom: Needs to introduction =p


In front of 'Sunway Pyramid'. Haha..we were actually still on the top floor of The Parliament. L-R: Asma Hadi, myself, Ali Imran, Afiq

Multicultural Festival near Canberra City Centre. For the first time, there was traffic jam in Canberra and it got so crowded. It usually is empty.


You don't get to see vandalism very often in Canberra but how lucky I was today =p

Farris and Maha going head to head in a futsal match. Haha..there were many Malaysians playing this noon.

The most unique table at the dinner organised for First Year Students of Ursula Hall. Almost all of us were from different countries where as other tables mostly consisted of Australians
L-R: Scott(Aus), Milan(Serbia), Aru(Singapore), Tun Mit(Myanmar), Me, Robert(USA), Dexter(India), Daryl(Msia)

The dinner was good. Both the food and the atmosphere. I tried engaging myself in most of their conversations but I decided to keep quiet cause most of the conversations revolved around football and beer. Daryl didn't talk much too. Well, they'll think that Malaysians know nothing about beer. Haha...and they are highly analytical and convincing when they talk. They don't stammer when they talk, especially the white people. Even the jokes that they crack are intellectual ones. I do enjoy listening to them. Can automatically improve my English.

Typical Malaysia: You'll just have to pee many times.
White: You'll just have to make a few stops at the bathroom.

See the difference there? I don't know about you but their English sounds professional to me. And while I was eating, all of a sudden I felt so lucky to be happily eating while those staying in self-catered places are thinking of what to eat for dinner. Staying in Ursula is not that bad. I am thankful! =)

Oh ya, i drank a bit of champaign tonight and again, I became a tomato with ears. So many were staring at me and some even asked, "How many glasses did you drink?" Well, honestly, I only drank a very small glass and it was not even half full. I kept touching my face and it felt hot too. Carris, a Kuching gal advised me, "Next time after you drink, eat something light or drink some water."

Alright then. Gotta sleep early tonight. Getting heaty.

Thanks for reading! =)

2 Comments:

Blogger nh said...

The parliament looks nice.

Looks like everyone is settling down pretty well, some more begin to exercise and have futsal match already. Wow!!

It's a good sign..hah..and hey, don't get intimidated by Caucasians' English yea..our English is just different, coz ours is Manglish..hah..nothing's wrong with that..hah.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 11:08:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

haha..good sign isn't it? =p

haha, what a way to put it...yeah..Manglish represents Malaysians =)

Sunday, February 11, 2007 at 10:11:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home