Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Where I live

7th Feb 2007 (Wed)

I’m staying in Ursula Hall, a catered accommodation which isn’t really strategically located compared to Unilodge, the place where Sze Huey, Hardeep, Adik, Maha, Zaza, Nadia, Zafirah, and Sherry lives. Well, practically all my college-mates live there. There are however 3 JPA scholars from Taylors who arrived yesterday: Kai Xun, Jason, and Shern Ren.

The food there is too cheesy. Not that I don’t like cheese but once there’s too much of it, the food taste to yucky each time you try to swallow it. There was cheese in the noodle during lunch yesterday, there was cheese cooked with the pumpkin which I had for dinner just now, etc. Oh, breakfast time is 7.45-8.45am, lunch is from 12.30-1.30pm, while dinner time starts from 5.30-6.30pm. Yes, it is extremely early but I have to get use to it instead of grumbling. They have desserts as well. Cakes, caramel, jelly, and ice-creams are some of the examples. Oh, not forgetting fruites, salad, oats, sandwich, and believe or not, there’s our very good old Milo =) It doesn’t taste the same though cause it’s creamer. I prefer Malaysia’s =D

My room is pretty small, equipped with a study table, a table lamp, a cabinet, a cupboard, a bed, a pillow, and a blanket. Pretty satisfied with my room actually. I mean, most of the important stuffs are there. Fortunately, my block can even detect a wireless connection, which can only be utilized if you have your username and password (which you will be given after enrolling). Luckily, I enrolled today and can finally online free on charge. The sad thing is I’ve credited AUS20 into Ursula’s internet account to use their LAN. Well, in case the wireless can’t work one day, I still have the LAN connection as a backup. The bad thing about my room is that it’s pretty stuffy at night. It’s like sleeping in Malaysia without the fan on. Right, they miss the fan out of the must-have list. As a result, I got myself one today. So I can finally sleep well tonight. Haha..

The toilets are centralized but of course they are very clean. But seriously…ehem..ok this might not be a hygienic thing to talk about..but I really feel like pouring it out. They don’t have pipes in each cubicle. I mean there’re just a toilet bowl and tissue paper. Alright, I can live with that if I am only peeing but what about when you wanna ‘ehem’. Well, I seriously don’t wanna get use to cleaning my ‘ehem’ using only dried tissues. Eiw..gosh, until now I seriously haven’t figured out the solution. The last time I ‘ehem’ed, I bathe straight away after that. Can’t afford to bathe each time after I 'ehem'ed, can I?

6 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

Woh, you have quite a number of friends there *thank God*
Uh... Cheese!!! Cheese!!! Yummy!! Er, better control your diet, nanti jadi macam Gorilla :P
Are you staying on your own? No roommates?
OMG, the 'ehem' part!!! Wakaka..

OK, mistake-telling time
1)Wireless connection - 'utilized if you have you username and password '.
It's 'your' username.

2) 'ehem' - 'Eiw..gosh, until know I seriously'
It's 'now', not 'know'

3) last line -'Can’t afford to bathe each time after I bathe, can I?'
How many times you wanna bathe?

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 1:06:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger nh said...

Just wondering, does your Hall wireless connection provide unlimited use of internet?

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Amanda Chan said...

Geez, I hope there will be no cheese in my food over there in Perth @.@

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 6:49:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To sis,
Yeah, since it's a single bedroom. no roomates.
haha..thanks for telling me the errors. i've corrected them.

To Nooi Hoay,
Yes, it's unlimited. it's just that u hav to log in again every 2 hours. and they don't let you make voice/video call via msn. i suspect that they don't let you do heavy transactions.

To Amanda,
Haha..i'm afraid it's kinda unavoidable cause cheese is one of the typical ingredients =)

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 10:11:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no worr..not much cheese wor..d food i've eaten so far la..

jiahuei

Friday, February 9, 2007 at 12:04:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Really??

oh..i am wrong then. Amanda, u can be relieved =)

Friday, February 9, 2007 at 10:36:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home