Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Day Back in Taiping

20th Jan 2007 (Fri)

Each Chinese New Year, we will be bugged by 2 kinds of insect. I hate both of them! First is chau ku (smelly bettle in hokkien) while cicada is the second type. Out of the two, I’m more afraid of the latter as it is much uglier and it emits a loud+scary voice. According to Koday’s Kids (n.d.), an adult cicadar can only live only up to thirty to forty days (thank God) and can chirp so loud that you can hear it half a mile away (which makes it the loudest in the insect world).

This morning, it gave me the shock of my life when I provoked it accidentally (I didn’t know it was near the basin). It made me hate it even more as I dislike being scared this way. What if I have a heart attack?


For those who haven’t seen a cicadar before (like Nooi Hoay, Wen Bin, and Siao Hui), this is how it looks like. There are also some which are green in colour.


I finally took my custom-made black blazer from the tailor. This RM86 blazer is cheap because it’s only half lining which means that it fells hot if you wear it for a long time. So for those whose blazer costs about RM300 something, not to worry. You’re not cheated (it’s a normal price). Yours is full lining and you’ll feel super comfortable in it. My mum and I agreed that it’ll be a waste of money to make a full lining one because of the price difference and also because I will only wear it during formal occasions. Besides, a few years later, I will grow (I hope) and will need a bigger blazer. Nevertheless, a person who works in the office and wears a blazer everyday will certainly need a full lining one.

My JPA friends came back from UTM for holidays and we met up with other schoolmates. As we entered the Olden Days Kopitiam, I noticed this cat sleeping in a cute position.


The pair of legs belongs to Chao Jin. As I predicted, he disturbed the cat…


..and it didn’t seem to be happy with that. Anyway, it was just a yawn and it went back to sleep immediately. It must be very tired.


Clockwise from top left: Yong Ning, Han Boon, Chao Jin, Zhen Hui, Calvin Ong, Yee Kong, Jun Tatt, Ferdinand


Some MMU friends came back as well. I was so surprised when Yong Ning knows Yi Chin. Then, it stroke me that Yi Chin was once in MMU for a week and being as hot as she is, everyone tends to notice her. It was great to have finally had the chance to catch up with them after a long time especially the MMU ones.

As we were leaving, I suddenly noticed something.


“Hey, guys! Look!”


“It’s my INTEC friend’s name up there!”



Haha, I think this shop has been here for a few months but I didn’t note its name until today =)

Hey, Merlin, never knew that you are a distributor of electric equipments. =p

Haha, thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger DyanT said...

hee hee

there's a YEEHONG PHARMACY in ipoh, YIJIA CONSTRUCTION WORKS oso, and remember lz time in sarawak i bought spices with the brand SARA SPICE?

lol

so far havent seen anything wth YEAM yet

Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 6:38:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

seriously?

wah..not fair =(

someday, there'll be one =D

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 12:36:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger nh said...

Ah..nevermind la..

Yeam = Butler

Just take the Butler's Restaurant in Ipoh as your shop la..

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Haha..yahor..not bad ah..u still remember tat.

thanks..

Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:26:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home