Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Weekends

23rd Feb 2007 (Fri)

Many things happened. I'll briefly blog about them.

We went to the museum. It was my second visit but there are still much to explore. The museum is simply unique.


24th Feb 2007 (Sat)

Had CNY lunch. Food was good. Certainly worth my 5 bucks =D


Later in the evening, there was a carnival in front of unilodge which saw many interesting things such as these two freaky creatures..

and these 'jaws'. They went around looking for people and sang for them. Gosh, they sang really well. Such nice harmonisation.

Balloons were distributed as well. I see no point of taking the balloons but they did make these three gals happy. Good job, balloons! L-R: Wei Ling(Penang), June Chen (Singapore), Mellisa (KL)


25th Feb 2007 (Sun)

I crashed over in Asma Hadi's place last night which means that I slept outside Ursula for the first time since I arrived. I was helping Zarifah reformatting her laptop and it was too late to walk back. Hadi, if you're reading this, I wanna thank you so much for letting me sleep on the bed while you, on the couch. Very courteous of you.

On my way back to Ursula in the morning, I wondered what happened to these trolis.


Later in the morning, Malaysian students had a session with The High Commissioner, His Excellency Dato' Salim Hashim. Hope I got his name right. An open-minded man with good sense of humour. That's what he is and I respect him for that.

He gave a speech and managed to keep me awake all the way. Amazing. Of course he did that by inserting jokes. And for the first time after the countless months, I sang Negaraku together with the rest before the session. Felt a sense of nationality while singing it.

Dato' Salim (Left) and Abang Radzi (Lecturer who is also in charge of looking after scholars)

We were given nasi lemak for lunch. It was nice especially for me who hasn't tasted it for so long. But the sad case was the absence of chicken rendang. They provided fried chicken instead. Tapau from Kingsley(KFC-like fast food) one somemore.

The next interesting highlight was the first MSO (Malaysian Student Organisation) meeting. We had ice-breaking games which was a bit chaotic during the initial period (because of the massive number of people). But overall, it was fun. I even got a chance to sing Da Cheng Xiao Ai. Unbelievable...Sze Huey and Afiq initiated the whole process by going, "Shin Yau, Shin Yau" when the emcee asked, "Who else can sing?" Gosh, my hands were trembling during that moment. My fear of standing in public is still so overwhelming.

Upon finishing the games, the students nominated and voted for the First Year Rep and..erm they chose me. Flattered(because of the vast majority) and worried(because I don't know what I've got myself into) at the same time.

Oh, meet Barney Ong. He's Amanda Albert's cousin. Small world isn't it? He's a perfect example of a happy go lucky type of person and is extremely fun to hang out with.


The majority of the MSO committees. Besides me, the rest are second years.

It's always nice of have in informal picture =p haha..like this one.

Thanks for reading. Catch you all in the next entry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

Wah Wah!!!
Student rep yea. Congratulations ;)
Tak cukup 1 bulan, sudah so popular.
Way to go!!!
All the best. I believe in you ;)

If u r in Msia, I'll bring u to Lee Hom's concert. But.. too bad :P
Hehe.. I can save up my money then :D

Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 8:23:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger ~luckystar~ said...

da cheng xiao ai.. =/
i dun dare go curtin idol here..super tension..jz keep low profile la..but jac n d rest took d liberty 2 promote me 4 quite abit adi..aih..neway, congrats on being rep..jz like u 2 b 1..s popular s ever.. =D

Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 10:23:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To sis,
Thanks..haha..but frankly speaking,being popular was not my priority loh. it is instead knowing more people.

I wanna go!!! are u going? i thought u don't like him so much one....

To Jia Huei,
Thanks Jia Huei...blushing d...
They have Curtin idol? wow, i think u should give it a shot loh. buktikan Malaysia Boleh =p

Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 10:43:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger ~luckystar~ said...

hmm..i dun think so la..i did hear ppl say dat they wan2 make it big tis time..s in like d winner goes 2 represent curtin 2 compete with d other unis, den represent wa, den go aus idol wor..not 2 say i wil go until so far la..but u jz cant stop thinking bout it rite??of coz think of winning wan la rite??hehe..takkan think wan2 bak out suddenly rite..??hehe..leehom concert i oso wan 2 go!!hehe..sori..i ss adi..hehe..n i oso miss d leehom dvd!!i so stupid think pirated stuff reali cant bring so i so gud gurl left it there..now i oni hv david tao no leehom..feel so incomplete.. =S

Saturday, March 3, 2007 at 2:02:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

haha..yeah, me too. i only have david tao's concert in my laptop.

wah..so grand one ah the competition..but it really sounds interesting leh...i still think u should give it a shot. this is your first term. logically it shouldn't be that packed as compared to your future ones. grab this chance and see how far u can go =D

Sunday, March 4, 2007 at 9:58:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger ~luckystar~ said...

lose adi no face la..hehe..duwan la..

Monday, March 5, 2007 at 10:02:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home