Wednesday, April 04, 2007

International Expo

22nd March 2007 (Thus)

This was the event, everyone. Every country was supposed to open a booth to portray their respective countries. Almost all the booths have food. Malaysians cooked bubur cha-cha, pisang goreng, and onde-onde.


Jay Shen scooping the onde-onde. The other pot beside it was bubur cha-cha.

Chicken Curry by the Singaporeans

Fried Mihun by the Singaporeans and the Pisang Goreng by the Malaysians
Foreigners: Fried banana? Cool....
The best thing was many of them found it nice and came back for a second helping.

Bubur Cha-cha from the Malaysians

I helped goreng pisang =)

Apart from food, a few countries had performances. As you all might have guessed by now, the Malaysians did a fashion show which depicts the traditional costumes of different races.

Honeysha in her Punjabi dress

Kai Xun (Batik...Dad, it's your batik =D) & Charis Teh (Kebaya)

Leonard Wong (Baju Melayu..Yee Hong, this is the birthday present you gave me last year) & Yoke Kei (Baju Kurung)

Me in Samfu & Xiu Qi in Cheongsam

The Models =p

Got my face painted by Zhong in the Chinese Booth

Don't think my mum can recognised me after the painting =p They said I looked like an ape =(

Malaysian Booth (before my face was painted)

New Zealand and Japanese Booth

Write your name in Mandarin =D

With fellow Malaysians

With Koreans and some Malaysians

Canadian Booth

Hong Kong Booth

Our Neighbours

Chopstick competition. The one who picked the most M&N into the empty plate wins. Gan, the Japanese guy won.

Tim finished our onde-onde =D

The satisfaction gained when looking at the people enjoying the food that we cooked was great. Felt like it was worth our effort. The seniors said this year's International Expo wasn't as fun as last year's. Well, at least I had fun and done somethings that I've never done before (fried banana, face painting, modeling, etc..) Hope next year's will be even better =D


Thanks for reading!!
(That's not me. It's Zhong)

7 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

Do you mind counting the number of times you wore that pink/black traditional shirt? =.="

Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 7:40:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sekarang baru faham knp jason sibuk cari bhn buat onde2..
semua pun baju shin yau; a true malaysian at heart. still not complete yet; baju kaum2 lain xde pun..

Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 10:54:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Sis,
Haha..yeah..I wore it many times d since I came here. Then only worth my money buying it mah..If u bored d looking at me in it, I don't mind if you wanna buy me a new one =p

To Safuraa,
Haha..now it all make sense, isn't it? Haha..I don't have other races one lah..maybe next time =)

Friday, April 6, 2007 at 9:14:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just read it. hey! wear yr batik instead.lots of food yeh!

Friday, April 6, 2007 at 11:00:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

haha..batik?..haha...maybe next time

yeah..lots of food but sadly i didn't get to try all of them cause they ran our pretty quickly

Friday, April 6, 2007 at 11:33:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

*hear no evil*
*see no evil*
*speak no evil*

-.-

Saturday, April 7, 2007 at 12:52:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Sean said...

so chim

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 10:41:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home