Sunday, April 22, 2007

Free Papers...But Why?

22nd April 2007 (Sun)

Hi readers, I'm finally back in Canberra on Friday night after spending 13 days in Sydney. To blog about it in a single entry will be too long. I'll be spreading it out into a few entries. I'll start off with the last picture I took in Sydney.


I saw this gal distributing free newspapers to people and started to wonder why would a newspaper company print and distribute newspaper free of charge. It's not only about the printing cost but also the workers'(the writers & distributors) wages.

"Well, they do get advertisements for this newspaper and I guess that's how they get their fundings from," the gal explained, with an Indian accent.

Still, is it enough to cover all the cost?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

In Msia, we have THE SUN, for FREE too :D

Monday, April 23, 2007 at 6:43:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Haha.exactly...i remember.. =D

Monday, April 23, 2007 at 8:47:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Khirul said...

and they give new street times and the star free in schools =p

Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 7:47:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

really?
my school didn't get it =(

Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 9:30:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home