Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hurdles

10th May 2007 (Thus)

There are people who might lose it when they face challenges.
Fortunately, at the same time, there are still people who can smile and continue fighting.

This week has been a hell of a week. Two assignments due on the same day (next Monday). One of it (Math) is tough and I'm struggling. At the same time, Malam Kenduri is drawing near (this Saturday). I've been busy practising an Indian dance and a play to be performed on Saturday night.

The rehearsal for the event just finished a couple of hours ago. Things weren't smooth. Casts were uncoordinated. The director, who is a strong person, almost gave up.But somehow, it made me stronger and I did my best to lift his spirits up again. Not sure if i succeeded but hopefully I did. With only tomorrow left for practice, can we make it?

Em..not sure but if we give up, that's the end. The pieces are already there. We just need to stick them together.
I'm gonna go all out to make sure this play works. We've practised so many hours for this and I don't want those time to go into the drain.

Juggling practices, lectures, tutorials, quizes, assignments, and accommodation hall events this week have been taxing. I'm surprised that my body hasn't gave way and fell sick. I thank God for that. Some of my friends already are. In the midst of all these challenges, I reminisce those times in INTEC when we practise Curry Puff Blues. I admire Choon Wei's script and how he directed the drama. It was a great production, seriously, and I am honoured to be a part of it, especially now, since, I've experienced how tough it is to direct and produce a good one. In fact, my circle of friends in INTEC started from the drama. Sze Ching,  Yee Hong, Christine, Jia Huei, Afiq, Rohidayah, Maha, Jack, Poon, Jaishree, Q, Iynas, Leen, Lynda, Kimber, Elicia, Nat, Rhun Kiet, Choon Wei, Wei Liang, etc.  

To end this post, I include these two pictures taken on Jia Huei's birthday party last year. I like the first one very much. Always makes me laugh, especially Sze Ching and Nat's expression. Those good old days =) Don't you wish all of us can turn back time and attend classes in INTEC/secondary & primary school again only for a day to meet all our friends and lecturers again? 








10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one word for you; keep on smiling!
(that's three words actually..)
"tak semua orang boleh senyum waktu menangis, tak semua orang boleh menangis waktu senyum"
read this somewhere.
not sure whether it is related to your situation.
hope that somehow, it can cheer you up and make you a continuos fighter.
=)

Friday, May 11, 2007 at 1:32:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

Keep smiling.. keep shining..
Haha.. I know you can do it ;)

Friday, May 11, 2007 at 6:29:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger kedekut said...

You wish to revisit INTEC but so nice you get to go overseas =)
I will never get to go overseas but I will probably be stuck here near Cendana/Cemara/Akasia forever transporting scholars probably until AUSMAT 50 before I retire xp

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 3:24:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger nh said...

"Don't you wish all of us can turn back time and attend classes in INTEC/secondary & primary school again only for a day to meet all our friends and lecturers again?"

Only if that can happen...how I wish..

Anyway, what we currently learn in stress management is to avoid excessive imagination, rumination and exaggeration. It is stressed that we should live in the present. Be mindful of the present state. And somehow we will feel better. Let's work towards that... :) Smile on..missing your smile..

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 1:06:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah!!!! i like the pics!!! =)

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 12:29:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger ~luckystar~ said...

omg my birthday!!!i super like dat day n it will ALWIZ stay in my heart..thx yeam..i miss those days alot too.. =)

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 5:46:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger xtine said...

yea yea..me too!!!super love that night..the making, the celebration and the post mortem...nice nice...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 4:43:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Khirul said...

perhaps you are juggling too many things? prioritize and manage your time well. oh, and exercise at least twice a week =)

take care

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 8:07:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Danial Jaafar 🇲🇾 said...

i agree with the last comment. go exercise dude! i guess one of the best, enjoyable moment i had in intec was when we had this badminton match during ausmat sports day. i think it was when we were year 11 students. i still remember how u caught up with me just after i won the first set. man, that was one hell of a match.. really wanna have a rematch wit u jimmy. hahahaha, cant wait...(akan adakah waktu itu?)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 6:56:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger keropok lekor said...

Hi shinyau,

Thanks for reminding about the good times in AUSMAT drama, curry puff blues. Wow, that must have been an awesome achievement for all of us, and hopefully the spirit of creativity, team work, hard work continue in the years to come.

How's Mahsuri?

"Buang Sungai!"

Thursday, July 5, 2007 at 11:25:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home