Saturday, January 09, 2010

Last Few Days in Canberra

On graduation day, I saw Elvin taking pictures on this lavender patch so I've decided to take a last stroll down to ANU.
I couldn't help but to notice how well they bloom in summer.
And as I was away in Melbourne, 3 new sculptures were placed around civic and ANU. This one was easily my favourite not only because of its cuteness, but the story behind it. It's located near the Civic carousel.
On the Staircase, 2005 by Keld Moseholm

"This bronze and cooper sculpture contrasts a series of small human forms with the architectural weight of an oversized staircase. The artwork has a philosophical aspect by reflecting on the effect of reading on the spirit -
the more I read, the smaller I feel.

Launced by Jon Stanhope MLA Chief Minister and Minister for the Arts on 6 October 2009.
The second sculpture is located just a few footsteps away from the first. It originated from a weird Greek myth.
Icarus Series, 2009 by Jan Brown AM

"These four bronze figures are inspired by the ancient Greek myth of Icarus. This in story, Icarus' father, Daedalus, creates wings made from feathers and wax for himself and his son to flee from captivity on the island of Crete. Icarus is warned by his father not to fly too close to the sun or the sea. However, exhilarated by the experience of flight, Icarus flies too high, his waxen wings melt and he falls to his death. Brown's sculpture
encourages sympathy with Icarus' unbridled exuberance and an acceptance of its inevitable tragic consequences."

Launched on 16 December 2009 by Jon Stanhope MLA, Chief Minister and Minister for the Arts and Heritage
This one, many of you may have noticed it during graduation since it's strategically located near street theater cafe. As for as I know, there's no story behind it.
Relic, 2007 by Rick Amor

"Bronze, corten steel base."

Launced on 10 December 2009 by Jon Stanhope MLA Chief Minister and Minister for the Arts and Heritage.
Also, thanks to organiser, Mr Daryl, we last a great time catching up just a day before Winnie and Lyon flew off. Btw, Daryl and Barney raced in Northbourne Ave =p
Just yesterday, attending the ANU pre-dep in Spore reignited the excitement I had during my first year, "What will I see upon landing in Canberra? Who will I meet? What events will ANU organise? etc"
Man, I feel so excited for the newbies! Coincidentally, Winnie upload the unforgettable 1st-year Indian dance =) Ah...I'm so gonna miss uni.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, buy GPS blocker to jam all secret devices in your room or at work.

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 10:34:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://tonoviergates.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]cheapest oem software, [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]buy office 2003 enterprise[/url]
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]microsoft office 2003 software[/url] software for office discount software australia
christian discount software [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]software programs to buy[/url] filemaker pro
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]i buy oem software[/url] teachers discount software
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]buy microsoft frontpage software[/url] i buy adobe dreamweaver
buy indesign software [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]usa & canada software[/url][/b]

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 7:54:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 6:57:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 190 bucks everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:09:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that singular make. The prices for the velcros were about 230 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 5:07:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!
To gain assets it is usually a good conclusion to begin a savings or investing strategy as soon in life as achievable. But don't worry if you have not started saving your assets until later on in life. With the help of hard work, that is analyzing the best investment vehicles for your money you can slowly but surely increase your funds so that it amounts to a large amount by the time you want to retire. Scout out all of the applicable asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A wisely diversified portfolio of investments in a wide range of asset classes will help your money get bigger throughout the years.

-Clare Grafton
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency exchange rates[/url]

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 11:10:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 4:58:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 6:51:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular model. The prices as regards the boots were around 240 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 6:16:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 250 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 11:20:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home