Saturday, November 07, 2009

Candle in the wind

The battle has ended. Just as I was drown with exams and studies, this news hit me hard. It did occur to me once in a while, “What if… she lost?” If you were to time-travel and told me my 4th aunt would only live till the age of 50, I’d say that it’s a cruel statement to make to a lady who was dear to everyone.

I find it hard to believe the hug I gave her last month was the last. The slight recovery she made when I was back home gave me hope, that I could one day see her normal self performing her daily routine and that I could one day, give her one tighter hug. I kept wondering what I would have done differently if I had known of this fact earlier.

Perhaps God has all this while been arranging a brief but merry life for my aunt. For those of you who were lucky enough to meet her, you’d remember how easily she made you feel belonged and how caring she was, even if you were not a close family member. At the end of the day, we’ve all been granted our wish, just in a slightly different way. She is no longer suffering but is no longer with us either.

All is not lost. Throughout her hardship, humanity has shone through her beloved husband, sister, daughter and family members who have been by her side, doing whatever they could to help. I admire them, deeply. Let us hope that she has regained her health and is happy wherever she is. In this trying time, may she guide her children though their exams and be there spiritually for her family who would find it very challenging to carry on living without her parental guidance and love.

To my 4th aunt, you have been an inspiration and will be deeply missed. We love you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home.
I'm glad she was glad to see the both of you and possibly the countless gatherings that was held in conjunction with the return.
Perhaps, that was why she got better.
That little glimpse of hope is what mankind needs sometimes.
And true. All is not lost when you look at how strong the children is going.
Hopefully the other young one has come to the right sense now.
Pray that God will be with them during this testing time.
And you take care too.

Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 12:47:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger calvin said...

I am sorry to hear that.
I might not know your 4th aunt, but lets hope she has gone to a better place now.
May her soul rests in peace.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 7:12:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 2:22:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home