Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gardening

Doing gardening with Bruce Green has been an eye-opening experience. Cleaning the Green House, planting onions and baby carrots, setting up the irrigation system and touching dirt again reminds me so much of Kemahiran Hidup. Here are some interesting things I saw:-

ANU's organic garden

A cool garden car

A compost bin made to breed worms

Another version of scarecrow (note the marble eyes)

I even ate a flower

But I guess one of the best thing is the range of people I'm mixing with.

This is a new German friend of mine holding a pumpkin partially eaten by a mouse. Today's probably the last time I'll be seeing him since he's on exchange for this semester only.

I've also befriended my very first Mexican friend and had a shock when he pronnounced his country as meh-hee-ko instead of max-see-ko. Last Monday, when Jun Sang said meh-hee-ko and made the whole class laugh, I thought he was merely making fun of the country. Now I know it's actually the local way of pronouncing it.

4 Comments:

Blogger calvin said...

Yeah, heard about the meh-hi-ko thingy some time ago and I find it funny at first too xD

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 5:18:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger zippy applechunks said...

It's composT my dear.

It is pronounced such if you're speaking in their language, but Mek-see-ko if speaking in English. Or so I have been thinking all these years anyway.

Like how some people say Mah-lai-see-ah and how some people say Meh-lei-sheer. One bahasa baku, one angmohfied.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:51:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

great analogy!! =)

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 6:17:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous best electric cigarette said...

gardening is great especially if you do it together with your friends and other people. It's also environmental friendly to keep our place nice and good looking.

Monday, August 8, 2011 at 5:26:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home