Friday, June 27, 2008

The First Surprise

I was told a white lie and I fell for it =(
Haha..but it was superbly planned so at least I don't feel so dumb now

Here's what happened:-

1. I was told by Tim and Sze Huey that my surprise bday party will be in Questacon, A Science Centre in Canberra. I thought it was cool you know... celebrating my 21st together with science gadgets for a change. Maybe I'll get some robots instead of clowns to entertain the crowd =p

" Shh... you don't tell Wei Min I told you..she really wants to surprise u..if u tell her, I die"

"okok"

2. Later, Wei Min randomly asked, "Hey, what do you think of Questacon?"

"Er... there isn't anything much I can say...haven't been there myself" (I really haven't been there)

"Yeah..but do you like it there?"

"I really can't tell since I haven't seen it b4"

"Hm.....did Tim tell you anything about your bday celebration?"

"NOPE"

3. She called her friends to discuss where to cater food from...I can't help but to eavesdrop..It seems that she wanted to order from Happy's, a Chinese Restaurant but cos of the halal issue, it changed to Wagamama (A Western Japanese Restaurant).

4. On the night before my bday, she rented a car to drive the whole lot of food to Questacon. By this time, she sort of knew that I found out where my surprise party is.. so she wasn't that afraid to be frank with me, "Hey, we're taking the food from Waga at 7.15pm...the party in Questacon starts at 7.30pm"

Later, she went on and claimed that quite a number of my friends were already there.

Understandably, when I entered Wagamama, I expect to see lots of FOOD..instead, what I saw was a huge crowd, singing happy bday =p

I was like, "Aren't they suppose to be in Questacon?" before I soon realised that Questacon was meant to be a joke!

Truth:
1. Tim and Sze Huey were actually assigned to pretend as if they were leaking out info.
2. Wei Min pretended to randamly ask me about Questacon. To make it even more believable, Wei Min said, "Ur bday's gonna cost me a boom"..even the halal issue turned out to be a lie! It was Wagamama all the way from the beginning..No Happy's, No Questacon.. And the car wasn't for driving the food over! It was meant for me to enjoy a little bit of freedom =)

To add to my "You've got fooled" mood, I was told that Questacon has recently been shut down! I didn't know where to hide my face...

Anyway....all is good =p Had a great time during the dinner while stopping my brain from echoing, "I'm so dumb I'm so dumb I'm so dumb"




Look! Al key-shaped chocolate cake! =p

Went for karaoke after that =D It was so much fun!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shin Sar said...

YER!!! I am jealous!!! Why I never get any surprises for my bday?!! :(

Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 7:08:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeam, we all love you, haha!!

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 5:44:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

sis,
=p

afiq,
hey hey, afiq is back online =p

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 11:00:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home