Thursday, June 05, 2008

Cikgu Saya

This really sounds like a primary school essay =p

I don't know why but ever since I am here in ANU, I've always have this excitement to show my mum how my lecturers look like.

And finally for the first time, I managed to snap the picture of all my lecturers =)

This semester has been the best actually apart from the fact that I'm taking stochastic : no class before 11am and on Friday & cool lecturers. They all have something in common: All mentioned something about their family in lectures at least once.


Aaron Bruhn from NZ..probably the youngest lecturer out of the four
Subject: Financial Math
Family Statement: Mentioned something about his baby daughter stepping on a ball like a rugby player..he's really happy about it since he himself is a big rugby fan

Coursemates: Lyon, Winnie, Wei Ling (not looking), June, Shawn

Steve Stern from US... has the second-best sense of humour behind Michael Martin..it's a waste to put him in charge of Stochastic..but then again, if it was taught by a boring lecturer, it would've been a combo disaster.
Subject: Stochastic Modeling
He prays like this everytime before the class starts, hoping that students will catch at least something from each class

Family Statement:
1. My exam questions used to touch on laundry years ago when I just got married because I was the one doing the laundry. You'll do all you can to please your wife upon marriage. Now..can't do that anymore, you can't imagine the amount of laundry you have when there're kids around!

2. It gets difficult when my son askes me who's my favourite cartoon character or cricket player, etc cause if mine happens to differ from his, he'll then go, "Who's your second best?" and goes on till he gets to hear his favourite.


Timothy Quek smiling wide as usual...see that Sze Huey didn't even wanna smile to the camera =p

Michael Martin from Aus - the coolest statistician!
Subject: Regression Modeling
Family Statement:
1. My son asked me, "Dad, where do babies come from?" to which my current response is, "I'll let you know when I found out."
2. Alright, I'll most probably spend the whole weekend marking assignments...boy, my family's gonna hate me! ............Ok..maybe it's more than just about the marking =p


Paul Chen - from US. Superb way of teaching and a lecturer with a big heart. Always willing to explain stuffs to you.
Subject: Microeconomics 2
Family Statement:
1. If I hadn't bought that wedding ring, I'd probably be dead by now.
2. This is the tie my children bought for me. It has Simpsons on it....isn't it nice? (He then went on using it as an example to demonstate consumer surplus)

Econs Tutorial
Tutor: Shane Evans (far right)
No family statement from him =p He's pretty serious during tutorial..

4 Comments:

Blogger iynas said...

yeam!! u da tembam!! hehe..

Friday, June 6, 2008 at 4:27:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

eh eh...yeam tembam kat perut je =p

Friday, June 6, 2008 at 6:08:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, the econ tutor looks serious. Wonder if he has a girlfriend.Anybody know?

Monday, June 9, 2008 at 1:34:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

haha..don't think so
i don't think he'll be very happy if anyone asked him that =p

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 7:56:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home