Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Life So Fragile…..

1st April 2008 (Tues)

Over the last 24 hours, I’ve been thinking a lot. I am suddenly afraid… afraid of how cruel fate can be at times.

No doubt all those thoughts are driven by 1 Litre of Tears I just finished, a Japanese Drama Series with such strong message….a message about the uncertainly of life..

This series slapped me on the face and made me aware of how harsh life can be…and how at times when everything seems black… there’s still something worth smiling for..

There couldn’t have been a more appropriate title for this drama… trust me, this drama brings out the softer side of everyone…It made me cry more than I ever did in the past few months.

On my way to class this morning, I’m suddenly thankful for being able to walk… I observed the clouds, buildings and people around me… doing their own things… How weird of me to do all these…

Humans pursue dreams. Along the way, they’ve have all been constantly reminded to also appreciate the seemingly less important aspects of life. But I guess it’s just too normal to ignore tasks we can perform so effortlessly like walking, talking, writing and reading.

What if life took a 180-degree turn and one by one, you lose all the aforementioned skills? Worst still, what if it’s beyond cure?

“Why me?” you might ask…just like what Aya did in the drama. Even her mum couldn’t answer it.

Aya in real life wrote about her struggle till she could no longer hold a pen... This diary which has the same title as the drama, was understandably written in first person.

"Reality is too cruel..
too brutal...
I don't even have the right to dream
As I think about the future..
the tears will come out again.."

This stanza instantly formed tears in my eyes..it's just so sad and at the same time, real...

Diseases strike the younger generations at times. In Aya’s context, I believe she was chosen (despite being only 15) because of how strong she is…emotionally. God knows what an inspiration she would be to the ones who suffer from similar illnesses…for whatever happens, happens for a reason…

I think I'm probably the last person to watch this drama..

12 Comments:

Blogger amazingmusings.com said...

i will try to catch this movie. it looks nice..

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 11:17:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

It is =)

Do we know each other btw?

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 11:46:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read / watch 'the diving bell of the butterfly' This guy was paralysed and he had to write his whole story by blinking his eyes. word for word while someone pen it down for him.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger chew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 5:06:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Yes...and according to wiki, he needed about 200,000 blinks to complete his book... amazing!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 5:10:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Danial Jaafar 🇲🇾 said...

maybe ur way behind others who had buckets of tears while watching d drama..but hey, i watched only d 1st episode and i stop watching after that. cant take it man. part of me is still too egoistic to cry (even when im alone in my room...) i only watchd d movie when i was in d flight back to malaysia last june.

have fun watching and yeah, 1 more thing, don forget 1 box of tissue ok? =P

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 7:59:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

ahhaa..yeah..this drama brought many macho guys to tears =p

I've yet to watch the movie though..wonder if it's as nice as the drama..

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 11:44:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger calvin said...

it has been some time since this drama was out.
i don't have to comment any further on the storyline as you have did it in your entry.
and yes, i cried too >.<

p/s: try watching another drama called 'taiyou no uta' =)

Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 12:16:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Hi Calvin =)
Aha..you must've recommended that to Sze Huey too right?

Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 12:32:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

Did you know Daniel sang the Mandarin version of this drama soundtrack?

Yea, a very touching story. But I don't know why, I didn't really cry like what I've expected :P This is so not me. Maybe I've already know the storyline. So, kind of prepared myself. Hahaha..

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 11:17:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

yeah..it sometimes makes a lot of difference whether you know the story line or not..

really? u've got the title?

Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 10:06:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

Duh, how can I not have the title of Daniel's songs???? I'll email the song to you.

Sunday, April 6, 2008 at 2:03:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home