Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Events

25th March 2008 (Tues)

It rained! Out of all the days it could’ve rained, it rained today, the day I have exam. But since rain is so rare in Canberra, I thought I'd take a picture on ANU on a rainy day =p


Anyway, we had Harmony Day last Thursday, just before everyone kick-start their long Easter weekend. I painted 'senyum lah with the smiley' on the banner =) nice right? Well, they asked me to write something at the border in my national language and it must have something to do with harmony...senyum lah sounds many times better than all the nilai-nilai moral we've learnt.



My Malaysian Students' Organisation (MSO) Committees..with some missing members

Besides serving 200+ free curry puffs (which ran out within an hour), we did a cool version of fan dance =p

And finally The Malaysian Students' Council of Australia (MASCA) ACT Chapter held The MASCA Sports Carnival in ANU last Saturday. Lucky thing that the official photographer did snap a picture of Sze Huey and I in action, even though the white line on the net seemed to be censoring Sze Huey's face =p

FIY, the guy in red with the cool pose is William and his partner is Yili. I refer to them as the Hong Kong couple although William is an Australian born Chinese ie not from HK. Basically, a fairytale mixed doubles journey began here when we beat this Hong Kong pair. Excitement starts to build as both pairs went point for point. It was only at the end when I realised, "Hey, we can actually win this match!" Well, I forgot to mention that William's a good player (constant training back home and competes frequently in Australia) while Yili's an above-average woman player. But lady luck was on our side... our winning point was gained thanks to the shuttle landing outside of the court.

The next pair we met was also a pair which everyone afraid off (badminton senior pairing up with the champion of women's singles). Somehow, we created an upset..

In the finals, we fought the pair who beat us in semis last year, the pair which represented MASCA ACT in the National Levels. We lost the first set...and came back strongly in second..and never looked back in the third =) They made lots of mistake in third game while Sze Huey and I happened to be in form =D Now this is when we should thank God for the luck He bestowed upon us.

3 unexpected mixed-doubles wins made my weekend =) Wish someone have recorded it...But then it might not be a good thing as I might end up watching it again and again....As for now, I can only count on flashbacks..

This also means Sze Huey and I will represent MASCA ACT in the NCG (National Conference & Games) in Brisbane middle of the year =) Won't wanna miss it after skipping last year's!

6 Comments:

Blogger nh said...

Hey Yeam! Congrats!! Think xtine is playing badminton in some competition too this year. Cool la you all.. :D

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 9:10:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Danial Jaafar 🇲🇾 said...

Hei yeam! Congrats buddy! Well I must say I am honored to be defeated by u 2 years ago during AUSMAT sports day.I lost to d champion what else can I say? lol. ur d man, man!! =D

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 3:47:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Hi Nooi Hoay!
Thanks! Ah...it's been a while since we played badminton together!

Hi Danial,
Thanks! Haha..looking forward to play with you again someday!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 5:35:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Shin Sar said...

Congratulations and All the best in the future tournament ;)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 10:19:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Thanks, sis!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 11:53:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! =) and the last picture was taken very nicely...

Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 5:43:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home