Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Night of Many Thoughts

The traffic lights were green all the way to The National Convention Centre (NCC).

“Aha! This is a sign that everything’s gonna be smooth tonight!” Zahin joked.

I prayed hard this good omen is not merely a sign.

When the night ended last Saturday, I flashed back this moment and thanked God it came true. I screamed and some might have noticed how loud I was. Nonetheless, Malam Gemilang (MG) was such a sweet success to all those who spent sleepless night planning and working on it.

Then, came along Jared’s latest blog entry which really provoked my thoughts. I suddenly realized that there can exist such vast difference between feedbacks from an organizer and a participant regarding the same event.

Spontaneous stage jokes which were something refreshing to me turned out to be taken seriously by some. I have to admit being bias but having watched the cast rehearsal a couple of days before and spending hours and hours, attempting a trailer just so the audience have an idea on what the sketch is about, I couldn’t help but to feel proud of the sketch.

Yes, Akram forgot his lines but he made full use of it. It could’ve been worse if it was one of the actors who was in lost of words and panicked on the huge stage. To me, Bob and Akram created some priceless spontaneous moments which I valued as a plus point rather than the opposite.

Also, a serious Hang Tuah sketch would’ve been dead boring no matter how good the quality is. A paradox of it, on the other hand, would be less typical and more refreshing. Ultimately, it’s all about conveying a message about what a warrior Hang Tuah was and I believe we succeeded.

There were deco and other flaws which audience might note. Being organizers however, we predicted some hiccups and knew that a perfect event was far-fetched.

No matter what the criticism from the audience is, we did our best and will acknowledge our mistakes from this valuable experience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home