Monday, June 25, 2007

Turning 20 in Canberra

24th June 2007 (Sun)
A brief entry before departing to Central Australia.

Two Ausmatians celebrated their birthday in Canberra today!

Lynda and myself. She came all the way from the west (Perth). Just reached here today and will stay for a week. Another Ausmatian is also celebrating her birthday not far away from Canberra. Haha..it was Nooi Hoay in Macquarie. Happy Birthday!! Haha..Had a nice conversation with you!

Lynda and her superman, Faris. Look how nice her cake is! Thanks to Erizianna, Puteri, Wahida, and Aina for the Nasi Ayam =)

The celebration was in Faris's unit.

As for my birthday, I was tricked to leave my room at about 3.30pm (thanks to Wei Min), giving my friends the opportunity to enter my room, lock and decorate it. In other words, I was locked out of my own room (thanks to Kai Xun). How cool is that? And in order to retrieve back my key I have to go treasure hunting and retrieve all the clues. I even have to run backwards (thanks to Jared) !!But it was fun and as a result of my effort, my room was unlocked and I was cordially invited to my own birthday party at 10.30pm tonight. I was amazed by the early-planning of this treasure hunt and how well it was carried out.

This was the decoration in Wei Min's room.

This was the decoration in my wardrobe.

Cutting the cake during my party in Ursula Hall. Thinking that there was nothing to be surprised about since it wasn't a surprise party, I was shocked to see so many Unilodge friends in the party (even Lynda was there). Didn't expect them to turn out as well especially since we've just celebrated Lynda's birthday in Unilodge. But it was nonetheless, very nice of them to walk all the way to Ursula.

My sincere appreciation to mastermind Kai Xun, the ones involved in the treasure hunt (Wei Min, Daryl, Jared, Jason), and the ones who turned up to the party.

Alright, gotta finish packing for my Central Australia trip (25th-6th July). Will see you all when I come back in 12 days time. Thanks for reading!

12 Comments:

Blogger LiNg WeNg said...

wow.... u sure enjoyed ur bday this year.... hehe....

Monday, June 25, 2007 at 6:48:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger JaiShReE said...

Happy Birthday Yeam!!!
The celebration so reminds me of tht times in Intec..Glad ur birthday was great! Miss u guys..

Monday, June 25, 2007 at 11:47:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Amanda Chan said...

Hey hey, sorry I'm late =p
Happy Birthday!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 1:23:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat if u have something personal in ur room tat will be embarrassing for other ppl to see it? like personal pictures or magazines?

lol

guess u dont haf them

Happy b;'DAY!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 7:06:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hep hep
pi pi
bes bes
day day
shin shin
yau yau
!
=)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 6:01:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger calvin said...

Happy Birthday ah yau!

I know I'm late, but it's better than never, right? :P

Enjoy your trip!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

To Ling Weng,
Haha..I certainly did =)

To Jaishree,
Hi Jaishree, it has been a long time since I see you here =) miss those times too!!!

To Amanda,
Haha..it's alright. Thanks!!

To Yee Hong,
Haha..I know exactly what you mean =p Thanks for wishing!!!

To Adik & Calvin,
Thank you so much =)

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 2:19:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Happy Birthday~~!! Although it's a little bit late, we had a great trip~~!!:)

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 5:16:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Thanks Linda, haha..it's alright. U wished me during the trip as well when four of us were chatting remember? (Sui Hann, Dom, you and I)

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 5:22:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, of course. I remember, When I was writing my postcard and you guys come and chat with me coz we all sleep late usually. hehe

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 7:25:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger syyeam said...

Yeah, that was when I really get to know three of you well =)

Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 9:08:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 1:01:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home