Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ain't A Typical Villageman

My mum brought me to a shop to get some anchovies and dried prawns. I had this embarrassing conversation with the 50-year-old-plus shopkeeper, Mr Saw:-

Mr Saw: So where're you studying, boy?
Yeam: Canberra, Australia.
Mr Saw: Fuh...the summer...and the forest fire....so terrible!

I didn't want him to think that it's an act of God since arsonists caused it. But doubting that fact that he understood what 'arsonist' meant, I instead said:-

Yeam: It's not an act of God you know...it's caused by human.
Mr Saw: Oh, those arsonists!

On our way home, my mum told me that Mr Saw was a graduate and his child is currently pursing Actuarial Studies. Fate has it that his dad asked him to take over the shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home